Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

remi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Fixing Power BI Tiles in PowerPoint

Hello All,

Want to import some of my work from PowerBI into Powerpoint.

Installed the plug-in and see it in the PowerPoint = Insert and My Add-ins but when I add it the following error is seen.   powerbi tile error.PNG

Can someone help me with the troubleshooting, please?

10 REPLIES 10
mrsmhumphrey
Frequent Visitor

Hi. I am having the same issue but when sharing the file. Can anyone assist? Thanks!

Hello all,

@v-yuezhe-msft 

No progress on the tiles part and especially with the engagement of the third party.

Guess that after all this time my initial question still stands, is there any plans for having the same functionality as an internal feature of PowerBI?

Or we want to be recommending to the users to lean towards this awesome feature that has no support, and it will be really cool to see the percentages of people that use it and people that have tried to and gave up on due to this dead-end road.

Kind regards

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@remi,

I have no issues when using Power BI tiles add-in following the instructions in this blog. What version of PowerPoint do you use? Do you use Power BI account to sign in? And do you use same account to log in PowerPoint and office store?

Additionally, do you try the method in this article to export Power BI reports to PowerPoint? This method doesn't require any add-ins, and I can export reports to PowerPoint successfully.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-yuezhe-msft,

Thank you for getting back to me!

I'm using Microsoft Office Power 365 ProPlus, and PowerBI Version: 2.52... 64-bit (November 2017). Also, I've been using the workaround given by the web version and doing the exports to PowerPoint ... I think that the tiles will bring me more functionality.

Thank you, and looking forward to going deeper into the subject.

Hi v-yuezhe-msft,

P.S. the I've looked over the links and on the Tiles... the first thing that I see when I add them to the slide is the error.

Thank you!

@remi,

What account do you use to log in PowerPoint and office store? Is the account same as your Power BI account?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-yuezhe-msft,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Yes, I'm using the same account for accessing Office 365 and Powe BI.

Kind Regards,

@remi

Power BI tiles is published by DEVSCOPE-Soluções Sistemas Tecnologias Informação, please contact devscope support about this issue.

Regards,
Lydia

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft,

Lydia, thank you for getting back to me, I've tried to engage with DEVSCOPE-Soluções Sistemas Tecnologias Informação but unfortunately, they have a system in which they authorize people to register and now I'm my 9th day when I'm waiting for a response.

Long story short at the moment it looks like a brick wall.

Do you know there are any plans to introduce the functionality given by PowerBI to other products like PowerPoint, Excel and so on?

Thank you and wish you good winter holidays.

@remi,

Some exsiting features(Export report to PowerPoint,Analyze in Excel, Power BI publisher for Excel ) can be used to export Power BI reports to PowerPoint or Excel. You can take a look at the following articles.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-powerpoint
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-service-analyze-in-excel/
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/publisher-for-excel

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.