Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RevJoe
Frequent Visitor

Fitlering down data using a Line and Clustered Column Chart

Does anyone know how to filter down data on a second visual by clicking clicking on the line portion of a line and clustered column chart?  It looks as though the bar portion of the chart can be used to filter down data displayed in another visual. 

For example, I have a line and clustered column chart that displays current year payment data (by month) with the bars and prior year payment data (by month) with the line.  I would like to click on a bar for a specific month so that a second visual shows the current year payment data broken out by payment terms.  Then, if I click the line for a specific month, then second visual would show the prior year payment data broken out by payment terms. 

Would be a nice feature because the line and clustered column chart is a great option of the initial visual (as opposed to simply a clustered column chart). 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RevJoe,

Can you please share some detail information about this issue? It seems works on my side.

When I drill down one of years data to month level and click on one bar, other visuals will show the selected value.

Drill down 2015 dataDrill down 2015 dataDrill down 2016 dataDrill down 2016 data

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the reply!!!

What I am hoping to accomplish is to be able to filter down other visuals when selecting the line portion of the Line and Clustered Column Chart.  I do not have any issues filtering down when selecting the a column, but I would hope to see similar filtering when selecting a value on the line portion of this visual also.  

Joe

Hi @RevJoe,

Current Line and Clustered Column Chart only support to filter with legend, it not support filter with axis(line). You can submit a idea to ideas forum.

BTW, line chart also not support filter with axis.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.