Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering Using Manage Roles

Hi,

I have the Below Tables, and they are related by EmployeeName. I am trying to create a security for Row Level .

I using [lnemployee] as a filter in LoanDetails , but is it possible to use [MgrEmailAddress] as well  from the EmployeeHierarchy table into the LoanDetails Filter.

Screenshot1.PNGScreenshot2.PNGScreenshot3.PNG

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

No, it is not possible to use  [MgrEmailAddress] from the EmployeeHierarchy table into the LoanDetails Filter.

You don’t need to add any expression in LoanDetails table, just add “[MgrEmailAddress]= usename()” expression in EmployeeHierarchy table. As you have created the relationship between the two tables, the LoanDetails table will be filtered to return correct rows with the “[MgrEmailAddress]= usename()” expression.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

No, it is not possible to use  [MgrEmailAddress] from the EmployeeHierarchy table into the LoanDetails Filter.

You don’t need to add any expression in LoanDetails table, just add “[MgrEmailAddress]= usename()” expression in EmployeeHierarchy table. As you have created the relationship between the two tables, the LoanDetails table will be filtered to return correct rows with the “[MgrEmailAddress]= usename()” expression.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I use the email too, but since we have a "complex" employee hierarchy, I use different rls for each hierarchy, and to check the email with the user, i use this:2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.