Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbltnk
Frequent Visitor

Filter out multiple connected rows based on the data in one row

Hello everybody,

I am currently analyzing log data from a two-player multiplayer strategy game. My data is distributed over multiple tables of a database. One table shows me if a game session included AI characters or not.

This is how the table looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/geuuoxhyc4auets/rep1.png?dl=0

As you can see, each game session exists twice in the table, once for each player.

Now I want to filter out all game sessions where ANY of the players is an AI. But if I use the AI column as a filter for my report then only the rows including the AI player get filtered out. And I want to filter out BOTH the AI and the human player.

How can this be done?

Thanks!

dbltnk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dbltnk,

According to your description above, you can use the formula below to create a new calculate column in the table first, then you should be able to use this new created calculate column "is_ai" to filter out all game sessions where ANY of the players is an AI. Smiley Happy

is_ai =
IF (
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Table1[ai] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( Table1 ), Table1[session_id] = EARLIER ( Table1[session_id] ) )
    )
        >= 1,
)

Note: You need replace "Table1" with your real table name.

c1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nadinelizabeth

Is there a way to do this in power query editor?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dbltnk,

According to your description above, you can use the formula below to create a new calculate column in the table first, then you should be able to use this new created calculate column "is_ai" to filter out all game sessions where ANY of the players is an AI. Smiley Happy

is_ai =
IF (
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Table1[ai] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( Table1 ), Table1[session_id] = EARLIER ( Table1[session_id] ) )
    )
        >= 1,
)

Note: You need replace "Table1" with your real table name.

c1.PNG

Regards

Thanks so much - that worked flawlessly for me and I could even adapt it to a couple other filters.

Though to be honest I do not yet fully understand what it does - the nested functions in DAX are a bit too confusing for my brain. =D

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.