Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JordB
Regular Visitor

Filter data with from and to dates using week commencing

Hi,

I have one table with multiple fields which i want to display, two of the fields are from and to dates.

I wish to filter the data displayed using a week commencing date.

I created a separate table with two fields, date and week commencing date but can't figure out how to filter the other table using it.

E.g User selects wc 21/05/2017

I want to display all rows which have a start date < (21/05/2017 + 6) and a finish date > 21/05/2017

Hope that makes sense

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JordB,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to follow steps below to get your expected result.

I assume your first table with start/finish date called "Table1", and the second table with week commencing date called "Table2".

1. Remove the relationship between "Table1" and "Table2" if there is.

2. Use the formula below to create a measure to indicate if the rows have a start date < ( the selected wc + 6) and a finish date > selected sc.

IsSelected =
VAR currentSelectWC =
    MAX ( 'Table2'[wc] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        COUNTROWS ( 'Table1' ),
        FILTER (
            'Table1',
            'Table1'[start date]
                < currentSelectWC + 6
                && 'Table1'[finish date] > currentSelectWC
        )
    )

3. Then you should be able to use the measure [IsSelect] as a visual level filter on the visualization you're showing your fields, and apply "is greater than 0" to get only selected result. Smiley Happy

vf1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JordB,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to follow steps below to get your expected result.

I assume your first table with start/finish date called "Table1", and the second table with week commencing date called "Table2".

1. Remove the relationship between "Table1" and "Table2" if there is.

2. Use the formula below to create a measure to indicate if the rows have a start date < ( the selected wc + 6) and a finish date > selected sc.

IsSelected =
VAR currentSelectWC =
    MAX ( 'Table2'[wc] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        COUNTROWS ( 'Table1' ),
        FILTER (
            'Table1',
            'Table1'[start date]
                < currentSelectWC + 6
                && 'Table1'[finish date] > currentSelectWC
        )
    )

3. Then you should be able to use the measure [IsSelect] as a visual level filter on the visualization you're showing your fields, and apply "is greater than 0" to get only selected result. Smiley Happy

vf1.PNG

Regards

Worked a treat, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.