Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AJ007
Helper I
Helper I

Filter Summarised Column by Measure

I have an Excel sales table. It has customer gender as a separate column. Revenue is recorded in another separate column. I created two separate measures to calculate how many male and female customers there are. I now want to use these measures and see how much revenue was generated by a particular gender. It somehow doesn't work as Revenue always comes up as a summarized value of the whole column even though I map it with a particular gender measure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@AJ007,

I create the following measures based on the sample data.

Revenue for male = CALCULATE(SUM(sales[Revenue]), FILTER(sales,sales[Gender]="Male"))
Revenue for female = CALCULATE(SUM(sales[Revenue]), FILTER(sales,sales[Gender]="Female"))
1.JPG

If the above DAX don't help, please share dummy data of your table for us to analyze.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@AJ007,

I create the following measures based on the sample data.

Revenue for male = CALCULATE(SUM(sales[Revenue]), FILTER(sales,sales[Gender]="Male"))
Revenue for female = CALCULATE(SUM(sales[Revenue]), FILTER(sales,sales[Gender]="Female"))
1.JPG

If the above DAX don't help, please share dummy data of your table for us to analyze.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.