Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anas_ztw
Frequent Visitor

Failed to Publish A Report From Power Bi Desktop to PBI Service Workspace with "Dedicated capacity"

Hi everyone,

I cannot publish a report to a specific workspace that has "Dedicated capacity is ON" from Power BI Desktop to the service and i get error message "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found". But, I'm able to publish same report to "My Workspace" or any other workspace that has no "Dedicated capacity".

See below error screen shot.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks,

AZ

pbiissue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @anas_ztw,

It sonds you are in Power BI Premium capacity. You'e better connect your Capacity admins for help, and check if there any special settings.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adoutte
Frequent Visitor

Hi @anas_ztw @v-huizhn-msft ,

Thank you for posting this issue and the solution!

We are facing the same issue, getting 404 while publishing the report to the Workspace with Premium Capacity whereas able to publish it to My Workspace.

Could you please let us know, what should be the ideal Capacity Settings?

Thanks & Regards,

AD.

anas_ztw
Frequent Visitor

I'm trying to publish a report to power bi from power bi desktop and getting the following error message, but i tried to publish same report to different workspace that has no dedicated capicity on and worked fine. Any Ideas?

pbiissue.png

Hi @anas_ztw,

It sonds you are in Power BI Premium capacity. You'e better connect your Capacity admins for help, and check if there any special settings.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Absolutely you are right.

Thanks,

AZ

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.