Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vipinkmathews
Helper I
Helper I

Facebook - unable to get the posts, likes etc.

I could connect FB connector in power bi. Unfortunately when I clicked on "Records" all the tables except "Permissions" are empty.

The permissions shows that it is declined for likes, posts etc.

Also please let me know if anyone could connect Power BI with facebook workplace.

Appreciate if you could suggest me the solution.

Kind Regards

Vipin

FB Data issue.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Yes. With new FB account without any restrictions I could see that all permissions as granted. Now the posts table is not empty.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vipinkmathews,

I was not able to reproduce the same problem as yours. I could get desired result after connecting to FaceBook from Power BI desktop.

1.PNG

On Power BI side, it looks like you can connect to Facebook and fetch data successfully. In your scenario, I would suggest you check your FaceBook account first. Please check whether you have all permissions on facebook site.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the update. I checked FB account it seems ok. Now I need to try by creating a new fb account.

Hi @vipinkmathews,

Using the new FaceBook Account, can you get desired data now?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Yes. With new FB account without any restrictions I could see that all permissions as granted. Now the posts table is not empty.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.