Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pat_energetics
Advocate II
Advocate II

Export data to excel in PBI desktop since July update

Hi there, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue.

Since the July update , having issues with export data from PBI desktop.

Desktop flags an error when trying "export data" from top right of a simple line chart within report. I have sent a frown from the resulting diaglog. On closing the error dialog, the app displays "working on it" until the app is stopped from task manager.

Tested the same export data on another PC with still the June version and it works fine !!

Should we roll back to the June version ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes - agree Version 2.37.4464.461 (July 2016) released 5th August appears to have solved the export to excel issue.

There are however some problems with queries and custom visuals that remain outstanding with only a generic response from Microsoft at this time.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
suvaries
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I was having rendering error when exporting the report. By the time I again downloaded the latest release and installed and the problems are solved for me.

Yes - agree Version 2.37.4464.461 (July 2016) released 5th August appears to have solved the export to excel issue.

There are however some problems with queries and custom visuals that remain outstanding with only a generic response from Microsoft at this time.

suvaries
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I was having rendering error when exporting the report. By the time I again downloaded the latest release and installed and the problems are solved for me.

beno
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. It is a new issue beacause it was fine before updating Power BI to the last version of July.

In addition, I have a problem of missing records when exporting from Power BI desktop.

Please share your experince once resolved.

Similar issue here. I am not able to edit my DAX queries anymore. Screen just freeze when clicking on Source in "Edit Query" screen.

Also, I am not able to import data from Analysis Services when creating new dataset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

July update is buggy (at least for me). I rolled back a version and stability returned.

How did you roll back? (I didn't save the previous installation files and they're not available for download Smiley Sad )

Have you checked your downloads folder ?

My prior versions have always been stored there per the image. Highlighted is the June version (downloaded 1st July).PBI desktop downloads.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.