Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Switchboard
Frequent Visitor

Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Hello All,

I'm trying to refresh my data on the webapp via the gateway. I have connected the excel as a data source just fine. But when I refresh my data I keep getting the following error from the Refresh History for the Dataset:

"Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987."

Now I'm using x32 Excel and x32 Power BI. I have tried to follow the instructions on the link. I'm unable to download x64 Access since the microsoft office I'm using is x32. I can't get the excel to upload to the power bi desktop without Power BI being x32.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Switchboard,

The error message is clear. Did you download the x32 version engine? Please go to here. When you click the Download button, you can choose the x32 version.

BTW, can you get data from Excel in the PBI Desktop?

Excel_Workbook

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have that already downloaded. I'm still getting the error message.

I can get the excel to work in Power BI Desktop. Just not when trying to refresh on the web app.

Hi @Switchboard,

Where is your gateway installed? Is it in the same computer of Power BI Desktop? Can you find something in the gateway log?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The gateway is installed on my computer. 

This is the whole error message im getting:

test.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.