Visitor

Re: Esri Arcgis Maps: Power BI error after february update

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

I also made a topic about this issue several days ago and i was linked here, gladly.

It seems like a good solution to clear the cache, but im afraid i can not find this folder or anything that looks like it, even after several manual and automated searches. Im on Windows 7, 64bit.

Tried uninstalling, running Ccleaner, installing again, but the problem still persists.. although this probably means the cache folder is definitely not in the programfiles folder..

This might be a stupid question, but could anyone tell me where this cache folder might be located if its not in "<system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache" as Lukaszp mentioned?

Kind regards!

EDIT:

Apologies, manually typing the path did it for me. Seems that even when youve unhidden all folders, they can still be hiddenSmiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Hi Yanthrax

The folder is probably hidden.  Go to your Control Panel and select File Explorer Options. On the panel that appears select the View tab.  This will reveal the rules for your Files and Folders. Under Hidden Files and Folders,  click the radio button against "Show hidden Folders and Files".

This should then let you proceed to find the Power Bi cache.  Where you should just delete the entire contents of the cache folder. When finished return the Files and Folders status  back to hidden.

Hope this helps.

wilsonm

Frequent Visitor

Hi, I have tried the recommended clearing of the contents of cache folder and I am still not having my Esri maps load. It is just the three yellow status bars "working."

Should I also delete my maps from my .pbix documents and reloading them? Or uninstall and reinstall Power BI desktop 64 bit?

Thanks so much! 

Power BI Team

Hi @katecoriell, we have identified an issue that affects some users where the map can be blank even after the clearing the cache. We are working to fix this issue now. If you can create an issue in our issues forum and provide details, ideally attaching your Power BI desktop file it would help us ensure we've found all root causes of the issue. Here's where to submit the issue: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues 

Power BI Team

@katecoriell we pushed a change into our service last night that we believe resolves the issue you reported. Could you check if everything is working today?

Frequent Visitor

Hi, just checked and everything seems to be working now! Thanks so much!

Frequent Visitor

I seem to be having a similar problem where the Esri visulisation tool doesn't appear at all, and maps won't load.  Maps remain blank rather than the three yellow loading bars.  I've tried clearing the cache and switching the options (security and preview features) on and off/restarting Power BI, but no sucess today at all.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Frequent Visitor

As just a fellow user, if I was you, I would first check to make sure you have downloaded the latest update to Power BI Desktop. If not, do that and check your report with the Esri map issue. If that doesn't fix it, I would open a new blank report, load some basic data into it, and build a basic Esri map to see if it will work in this new report. If it does, open up your original report that was having issues to see if it will load. And if still having issues, go through again unchecking the Esri extension, closing/opening Power BI Desktop, and then adding the Esri extension back in and seeing what happens. I hope these suggestions help you! I completely understand this frustration. If you are still having issues, hopefully a Microsoft tech person will be able to help. Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

Hi,  Thanks for the tips, but unfortunately have tried all of the above already.  Version = 2.44.4675.521
The problem is that the Esri extension doesn't even appear in the list of available visualisations so I can't create maps from new data or view maps from an existing report.  It did work briefly last week, but turning the extension on/off and restarting not having any effect today.

Frequent Visitor

Try the advice given by user catecoreill about 5 hours ago. It is listed adjacent to your messages.