Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rosa

Esri Arcgis Maps: Power BI error after february update

Hi,

When I start Power BI for Desktop (with Esri Map activated) I get this error. I've worked for some days and I've saved some templates that now not work. If I uncheck Esri Map error doesn't happen. I've installed february update ( 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (febbraio 2017) )

KInd Regards,

Marco

--------------------------------------------------

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2017-02-13T16:35:51.8649123Z

Local Time:
2017-02-13T17:35:51.8649123+01:00

Product Version:
2.43.4647.541 (PBIDesktop) (x64)

Release:
February 2017

IE Version:

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0 (x64 it-IT)

CLR Version:
4.6.1 or later [Release Number = 394271]

Workbook Package Info:
1* - it-IT, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Peak Working Set:
364 MB

Private Memory:
248 MB

Peak Virtual Memory:
33.7 GB

JS Error Message:
Cannot read property 'iconBase64' of undefined

Error Message:
Si è verificato un errore durante il rendering del report.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.JavaScriptException: Si è verificato un errore durante il rendering del report.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'iconBase64' of undefined
    at Object.createVisualPlugin (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/VisualHostCore.js:1425:58)
    at Object.<anonymous> (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/VisualHostCore.js:332:65)
    at j (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/opensource/jquery/jquery-2.1.1.js:2:26860)
    at Object.k.fir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that it's not resolved yet. Could you try one more thing. Power BI Desktop has a cache. Please try clearing the cache, with the following steps:

1) Close all instances of Power BI Desktop

2) Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache

• replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition
  • replace <user> with your user profile name, typically the alias you login to Windows with

3) Delete all contents of this folder

4) Restart Power BI Desktop

Let me know if the issue persists after you've followed these instructions.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
jbakanovas

The issue is gone!

Open PBI Desktop (do not open the PBIX file that is throwing the error).

Disable the ArcGis preview feature. Now open the PBIX that contains the ArcGis maps.

Enable the ArcGis again and close PBI Desktop.

Open once again the PBIX file and see if that resolves the issue. This helped me to solve this problem.

If problem persists please open a support ticket or send a frown.

We deployed a fix that addresses this issue. You should close and re-open Power BI Desktop and attempt to use ArcGIS Maps. If it does not work, please let us know.

Esri maps are not loading since the lates update 

Since last update of PowerBI the ESRI map plugin is not anymore working for me on Power BI Desktop.

But it works on the Power BI Web version.

I have cleared the C:\Users\{user.name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache folder and restarted Power BI Desktop, but no luck.

The ESRI map plugin was working fine from march to may 2017.

Is there something eslt to try ? Can we deinstall completly the ESRI plugin ?

Philippe Chessel

Anonymous
Not applicable

@philippechessel

Try to uninstall and then install the latest version (2.47.4766.542):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Ok,

It worked.

Uninstalled completely Power BI x64 and reinstalled it.

I can see the ESRI map plugin working fine

Thanks!

Im still recieving the error. I have disabled/enabled and restarted a few times now and I still cant get ArcGIS Maps to reappear.

Try the following: 1) Under File-> Options and settings -> Options 2) Go to Preview Features, uncheck ArcGIS Maps for Power BI 3) Close Power BI desktop 4) Restart Power BI desktop 5) Re-enable ArcGIS Maps for Power BI Let me know if this doesn't resolve the issue.

Worked for me. I was just about to post.

THe unexpected error persists

Sorry to hear that it's not resolved yet. Could you try one more thing. Power BI Desktop has a cache. Please try clearing the cache, with the following steps:

1) Close all instances of Power BI Desktop

2) Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache

• replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition
  • replace <user> with your user profile name, typically the alias you login to Windows with

3) Delete all contents of this folder

4) Restart Power BI Desktop

Let me know if the issue persists after you've followed these instructions.

The error only ocours when I open Power BI and opens the file. When Power BI is closed and I double click the file there is no problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have tried the recommended clearing of the contents of cache folder and I am still not having my Esri maps load. It is just the three yellow status bars "working."

Should I also delete my maps from my .pbix documents and reloading them? Or uninstall and reinstall Power BI desktop 64 bit?

Thanks so much! 

Hi @Anonymous, we have identified an issue that affects some users where the map can be blank even after the clearing the cache. We are working to fix this issue now. If you can create an issue in our issues forum and provide details, ideally attaching your Power BI desktop file it would help us ensure we've found all root causes of the issue. Here's where to submit the issue: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues 

@Anonymous we pushed a change into our service last night that we believe resolves the issue you reported. Could you check if everything is working today?

I seem to be having a similar problem where the Esri visulisation tool doesn't appear at all, and maps won't load.  Maps remain blank rather than the three yellow loading bars.  I've tried clearing the cache and switching the options (security and preview features) on and off/restarting Power BI, but no sucess today at all.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

As just a fellow user, if I was you, I would first check to make sure you have downloaded the latest update to Power BI Desktop. If not, do that and check your report with the Esri map issue. If that doesn't fix it, I would open a new blank report, load some basic data into it, and build a basic Esri map to see if it will work in this new report. If it does, open up your original report that was having issues to see if it will load. And if still having issues, go through again unchecking the Esri extension, closing/opening Power BI Desktop, and then adding the Esri extension back in and seeing what happens. I hope these suggestions help you! I completely understand this frustration. If you are still having issues, hopefully a Microsoft tech person will be able to help. Good luck!

Hi,  Thanks for the tips, but unfortunately have tried all of the above already.  Version = 2.44.4675.521
The problem is that the Esri extension doesn't even appear in the list of available visualisations so I can't create maps from new data or view maps from an existing report.  It did work briefly last week, but turning the extension on/off and restarting not having any effect today.

You may not be able to see the ArcGIS maps in your visualizations because you have not enabled the optio under Optiones and Settings. Go to File\Options and settings\Options\GLOBAL\Preview features and check if ARCGIS maps has been ticked. I that option is not there, I suggest that you download the latest release of Power BI (Version: 2.44.4675.521 64-bit (March 2017)) although you have listed this release check if it is actually installed.  Best of luck in you endeavours.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.