Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

evang550
Employee
Employee

Error Message Applying Query Changes

Any idea what this error is about? I got it after renaming some columns in the query editor...

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @evang550,

You changed the name in Edit Quey by Quey statement? Based on the error message, is there a variation in your Query statement?

As I tested, you can rename the column header name by the following solutions.

1. Double click the column header, it will become modifiable state. Then you can change it.

1.PNG 

2. Type the following bold Query statement to rename it, don't forget add the comma.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45W8krMU9JRckwuySzLLKk0BLINlWJ1opXcUpPQxI3A4qjqjYBsUyzqQeImWNQbA9lmWNSDxA0NlGJjAQ==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Month = _t, Activity = _t, Value = _t]),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(Source,{{"Month", "MonthMonth"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

Please review your operation according to the steps above, and check if works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

not familiar but wondering after you changed the column name, did you looked at all the steps in query to make sure everything is good.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.