Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Error During Data Refresh

I am receiving the following error wupon refresh of my data,

Expression.Error:  The key didn't match any rows in the table.

Upon closer inspection, when I Go To Error, I am told:

Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.
Details:
Key=Record
Table=Table 

Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Rozana

Hi 

I am receiving the follwoing error when I try and refresh my data:

Load was cancelled by an error in loading a previous table.

What should I do?Noting that I had no problems before but this suddenly happened

Thanks in advance for your support

Hello @Rozana

In the preview mode can you refresh all?

Best regards

Yes, there was no problem at all. When any problem happened before, it directly fixed after fixing the excel sheet. But now I couldn’t find any error 

Hello

If the preview run i think the problem is in the data. 

Try to disable other tables in your model or reduce the numbers of rows, to review.

Can you send the PBIX and Excel to review ?¿

MarcelBeug
Community Champion
Community Champion

Probably you have a navigation table with the objects from your input; the object that was selected when the query was created (or last updated) doesn't exist any more.

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

@MarcelBeug

Can you further explain your thoughts...not sure what it is that you are suggesting, or how to correct it.

I can not provide specific comments due to lack of informarion from your side.

Maybe you can explain in more detail what you are trying to and exactly at which point you get the error?

I am simply trying to Refrsh an existing dataset with an updated file.  There are a series of steps I have taken in the Query Editor as well as renaming columns - but like my other work in Power BI I move the updated file, Click Refresh and was expecting the data to update. 

I am wondering if changing the column names or some of the cleanup I am performing in the Query Editor are corrupting the process.

Maybe.

Can you share your query code (copy/paste from the advanced editor)?

let
Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\-----\OneDrive - XXXX.xlsx"), null, true),
#" Daily Report_Sheet" = Source{[Item="Daily Report",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Daily Report_Sheet", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"event_date", type date}, {"publisher_id", Int64.Type}, {"publisher_name", type text}, {"advertiser_id", Int64.Type}, {"advertiser_desc", type text}, {"campaign_id", Int64.Type}, {"campaign_desc", type text}, {"line_item_id", Int64.Type}, {"line_item_desc", type text}, {"line_item_start_date", type date}, {"line_item_end_date", type date}, {"status", type text}, {"pricing_type", type text}, {"bid_amount", type number}, {"ad_slot_id", Int64.Type}, {"ad_alot_name", type text}, {"ad_slot_status", type text}, {"size", type text}, {"mail_type", type text}, {"template_id", Int64.Type}, {"template_name", type text}, {"impresions", Int64.Type}, {"clicks", Int64.Type}, {"conversions", Int64.Type}}),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Changed Type",{{"impresions", "Impressions"}, {"clicks", "Clicks"}}),
#"Duplicated Column" = Table.DuplicateColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "publisher_name", "publisher_name - Copy"),
#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Duplicated Column","ACBJ","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"publisher_name - Copy"}),
#"Replaced Value1" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Replaced Value","(","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"publisher_name - Copy"}),
#"Replaced Value2" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Replaced Value1",")","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"publisher_name - Copy"}),
#"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Replaced Value2",{{"publisher_name - Copy", "Market"}, {"advertiser_desc", "Advertiser"}, {"template_name", "Product"}, {"size", "Size"}, {"event_date", " Date"}, {"Impressions", "Impressions2"}, {"Clicks", "Clicks2"}, {"line_item_desc", "Line Item Description"}})
in
#"Renamed Columns1"

Probably the error occurs at step #" Daily Report_Sheet"?

Then there is no record in your Source with Item="Daily Report" and Kind="Sheet".

You can check if you select the Source step in the qury editor and check that table (which is a so called navigation table with accessible elements in your Excel Workbook).

In the code I see #" Daily Report_Sheet" and #"Daily Report_Sheet".

These should be the same.

As an example, this is the error I get when importing files from a folder and Book3.xlsx is missing:

Error During Refresh.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.