Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samngai
Regular Visitor

Error 500 Internal Server Error when publishing a PBIX file

Hi,

With the August 24 release of Power BI I am getting an error where I am unable to publish my PBIX files to powerbi.com.

The error message that I get is

Error500.PNG

I get this error with all of my pre-existing Power BI reports. (These are all reports that connect to a local excel spreadsheet.)

The strange thing is that if I take a copy of any of these files, paste as a new name (e.g. Insurance2.pbix), and then publish to powerbi.com, that first-time publish will work. But if I were to attempt a republish of this new file, it will come up with the same error message.

Prior to the August release, I was intermittently getting the Error 400 issue outlined by another user. The only solution I had was to delete the report and dataset, then republish, but that was a pain because each report would have a new URL and I would have to repin the visuals. It makes it difficult to get wider scale adoption of powerbi in our organisation.

Is anyone else getting this Error 500?

Sam

15 REPLIES 15

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.