Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cprothman
Employee
Employee

Enterprise Gateway - Adding Data Source - Impersonation Error?

Hi All,

I've hit an error, searching around I cannot find anyone whose asked a question regarding this error previously.

Activity ID:50c914c6-9939-4722-995a-3f692d198d9b
Request ID:26ec466b-e6f1-8b11-f47c-a1e4cf852d21
Status code:400
Error Code:DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_ImpersonationError
Time:Thu Jan 21 2016 16:07:22 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version:13.0.800.319

Has anyone seen this before? I attempted to install the Enterprise Gateway on the same server as the multidimensional (ROLAP) cube, but due to the servers internet connection settings, the authentication form never loaded. After messing about trying to add the form and Power BI sites to my trusted sites, I could never get the auth form to load.

I then installed the Enterprise gateway on my Windows 10 Pro machine under my desk which I leave always on, but received the above error. Curious to see if anyone has insight on this error..

Best,

Craig

5 REPLIES 5
Grandangel79

Same here! I am using my VM and downlaoded On-premise gateway and configure everything.

the demo environment is working fine but in order for me to embed the sample template I believe I need the gateway to work. So please HELP!

Grandangel79

Hi all,

I am facing the same issue for my VM can anyone help me how to do it? Secondly I just notice in order for me to use the tempate import from shared library LCS, i need to open using Admin then only can retrieve SQL data from my VM. Otherwise it will not work.

Now for gateway...there's unlikely or room for me to right click and run as Administrator. So i am not sure how I will get a chance to demo for prospect or client on how EASY it can be embeded with D365FO. 

So please please HELP!

pqian
Employee
Employee

@cprothman, I've asked the Gateway team to look into your issue. It appears that you have entered the wrong username/password in this case. Hence "Impersonation failed". They found the log related to your request and they've logged the following error: Win32Exception/The user name or password is incorrect.

Make sure your username is in user@domain or DOMAIN\User format, and the password is correct.

I continued to get invalid connection credentials until I installed the gateway on a domain joined machine, in the same domain as the server running the SSAS instance.

The one domain joined machine I have that can reach the internet is my laptop.

The servers we have on the domain are set up so they cannot reach the internet. This means during the gateway installation, the web authentication form never appears and the gateway installation cannot continue...

Hi,

Please advice, if we can connection without domain.

Thanks

Nitin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.