Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarianneElver
Helper III
Helper III

Empty tables

Hi, I sometimes (more and more often) have the experience of empty tables and visualizations in existing PBIX-files containing multiple tables. When I open the query, all data in all tables are present, but after closing the query, nothing is there. When navigating to tables at left, they are all empty. This happens even if all data were present last time I opened the file, and I did nothing but saving and closing the file. Using refresh doesn't help anything. Sometimes I need to start all over (can take plenty of days, as I have a large datamodel and about 100 measures and custom columns) and this is thus making me rethink if Power BI is worth investing my time in in the future. I have the latest version of PBI Desktop installed. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks, Marianne
2 REPLIES 2
kaushikd
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @MarianneElver

It is hard to debug the issue that you are experiencing, it may be due to some connection problem or may be due to some change in your source file.

Here are alternative that you can try to figure the bug out.

Solution 

Right Click on your dataset and select Edit Query

Now Right Click on the Query and Disable this two high lighted field.

Capture.PNG

Save the report and close.

If this fix the problem then the problem is with your source and connection.

Please Like this post if it is helpful

Hi @kaushikd

I am also having this issue. For example I have a relationship between customers and account owners and the account owner table is blank when joining but not in the query itself. 

It was not an issue before. Could it be that I have too many queries and relationships?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.