Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics 365 Connector - No Org Svc?

Hi all,

Since the May 2017 release we are no longer able to connect to the Org Service, only WebAPI?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on this official article, to connect to Dynamics 365 in Power BI Desktop, go to Settings > Customizations > Developer Resources and find your OData endpoint URL under Instance Web API, then enter the URL in Dynamics 365 connector. No Org Service URL is mentioned in the article.

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm aware of that article.

I wanna know why we can't connect to it anymore...

@Anonymous,

The Instance Web API can be used to access all the data and metadata for your organization in Dynamics 365, thus it makes sense to enter this URL in Power BI Desktop to get data from Dynamics 365.

I would recommend you contact Dynamics support about difference between Org Service URL and Instance Web API, and what is the purpose of Org Service URL.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.