Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RashmitaR
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamicaly how to display the selected time period in the title

Hi I want to change the title of a sheet dynamically according to the time selected in the timeline slicer(from date & to date).For time being I am using time line slicer .But, if I dont want to use it and display the filtered dates i.e from date & to date as the title of my sheet dynamically, is there a way to achieve it.

5 REPLIES 5
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@RashmitaR

Which title do you want it to change dynamically? The first marked part of Timeline will change dynamically based on your selection in this visual. But the title (second marked part) of stacked column chart will be static.

You can take a look at this idea and vote it if it describes the same requirement as you.

Dynamicaly how to display the selected time period in the title_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

I actually want to place a card visual on th top of my report sheet that will display the selected time period in the page level or report level filter. I want to do so because my client wants to have a clear idea about which durations data is he having a look at.

@RashmitaR

We can create a calculate measure with formula like below and put it in the card visual. It will change dynamically according to the date selection in the Slicer, but cannot be impacted by the selected time period in the page level or report level filter.

Card_Measure = 
MIN ( Table1[Date] ) & " to "
& MAX ( Table1[Date] )

Dynamicaly how to display the selected time period in the title_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great advice on the card measure however, can it be manipulated anymore to disregard the hours, minutes, and seconds that are imported with the date? 

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

What do you mean by Title of the Sheet?

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.