Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aar0n
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dynamically change the values in a line graph

Hey Guys,

I have 2 large datasets.. one that holds average monthly values (~7,500,000 rows), and one that holds daily values (~4,000,000) rows.

the average monthly values are from 2003 - present, while the daily table is from 2013 - present. 

typically, i would use the daily table since it has more data points.. but occasionally, i need to look at more historic trends in the data, and i would really like a way to filter between them.

What i want to do is to have a line graph that will show Date on the x - axis, and 4 different values on the y - axis. (either the dailies, or monthly points). Also, i am not looking at any aggregation or measure, just hoping to have the columns.

i am hoping that after the user selects either "monthly" or "daily" the graph will update accordingly. 

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aar0n

when we use line chart, it can’t show monthly values and the daily value at the same time because the average monthly values and the daily value can’t share one date axis.

We could add date column in the Axis FIELD and make it as date hierarchy, then we can see data in daily level and also in month, quarter and year trend.

45.png

46.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aar0n

when we use line chart, it can’t show monthly values and the daily value at the same time because the average monthly values and the daily value can’t share one date axis.

We could add date column in the Axis FIELD and make it as date hierarchy, then we can see data in daily level and also in month, quarter and year trend.

45.png

46.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.