Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kaho
Employee
Employee

Dynamic page issues: No scrolling, window edges block new visuals, panels & canvas overlap

Hi,

I am using Desktop version: 2.33.4337.501 64-bit on Windows 10 Enterprise.

Currently, there is no horizontal or vertical scrolling when using dynamic page mode while editing a report

even though visuals go outside the window area. Also, the Visualizations and Fields panels cover visuals that stretch all the way to the edge of the Desktop window area (even with the panels minimized). I think it would be better to have the edge of the visible canvas to limit the visuals when creating reports.

Adding new visuals to a dynamic page seems impossible because the edges of the screen block the new visual even though previously added visuals might go ouside the visible canvas.

When applying dynamic mode to a report that has been developed using custom page size in some cases some visuals seem to just disappear.

How is developing dynamic pages supposed to work - am I missing something?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The report canvas size is fixed, and there is no horizontal or vertical scrollbars even though you set page size to be dynamic. There is one idea about it here, you can vote it: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7173948-make-report-page-scrollab... 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The report canvas size is fixed, and there is no horizontal or vertical scrollbars even though you set page size to be dynamic. There is one idea about it here, you can vote it: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7173948-make-report-page-scrollab... 

Thanks Vicky,

so it really is a feature - this is what I wanted to know.

I will have to stick with custom page size then. It seems like the only usable option at the moment for my needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.