Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Milozebre
Helper V
Helper V

Dynamic filtering

Hello, 

I created a report.

On this basis, I want to create a dynamic filter. I watched several videos. I saw this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXObcA9G9Vw.

Can you tell me how we visualize (4:18) where we see the name of the employee appearing on the basis of the choice we made?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Milozebre

If you drag the field that contains the name of the employee to your report canvas and change this to a Card or similar visual, this will display (visualise) the name of your employee.

Editing the URL with the filter selection criteria just allows you to pre-filter to a specific employee.  Be wary, I don't think this process likes spaces in a field name.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Milozebre

If you drag the field that contains the name of the employee to your report canvas and change this to a Card or similar visual, this will display (visualise) the name of your employee.

Editing the URL with the filter selection criteria just allows you to pre-filter to a specific employee.  Be wary, I don't think this process likes spaces in a field name.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Just wondering if anyone here has ever used Qlik. I expect to select a series of conditions from a multitude of objects and then move to the next document with those selection still 'live'.

PowerBi today does not allow Data Discovery and therefore each page can only be filtered by an object which has no persistance with the next document within the same report unless you manually 'hard code' it to the report filter or design some convaluted URL link.

Has this functionality chasm never come up in conversations at the PowerBi product board, or have the team never used any other BI tool.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.