Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sakamotothais
Helper III
Helper III

Dynamic filter for a measurement

Hi

I have a measure with today's date D 0 and a measure with yesterday's date D -1.

How can I get dynamic when I filter a date on a slicer?

For example, when selecting on filter day 26 bring in D 0 result of day 26 and in D -1 result of the previous day 25

If I select on filter day 25 bring in D 0 result of day 25 and in D -1 result of the previous day 24 And so on. Can someone help me?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@sakamotothais,

Please refer to the steps below to achieve your requirement.

1. Create a date table, and do not create relationship between this date table and your original table.
    Table = CALENDAR(DATE(2017,4,1),DATE(2017,6,30))
  2. Create a measure in your original table.
    Measure =
    var selectitemed = MAX('Table'[Date])
    return IF((1*(MAX(Table1[Date])-selectitemed)=0||1*(MAX(Table1[Date])-selectitemed)=-1),1,0)
  3. Add this measure to your visual filter like below.
    Capture.PNG

Result.
Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Thanks for the example, it worked well.

But it still is not what I need.

I need to separate. A measure that contains today's date, and a measure that contains yesterday's date according to the date filter.
Then check the variance in the graphs between the two results.

Thanks

Have a read of my article here https://exceleratorbi.com.au/dax-time-intelligence-beginners/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thanks,

But I'm really not able to put the formula all filter, or filter allselect in the formula with SUMX

Please can anyone help me, structure the code for d-1. What to get yesterday's filter date?

@sakamotothais wrote:

But I'm really not able to put the formula all filter, or filter allselect in the formula with SUMX

You can extract yesterday's filter date generally by using the piece of code MAX(Calendar[Date])-1 where Calendar[Date] is used to filter your visual.  It is normally used inside a calculate

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

It does not work when I change the date in the dtt_data_captura filter, it does not return the result from yesterday's date Daily Variance D -1 = SUMX ( FILTER (QL2_Alerts, QL2_Alerts[dtt_data_captura] = MAX (QL2_Alerts[dtt_data_captura])-1), QL2_Alerts[flt_base])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.