Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lz90
Regular Visitor

Dynamic field name

Hi all,

I have the following issue:

I have a pilot table and filtering fields for each columns in pivot. First column is called "Shops". In this column, I have all shops (they are in 2 categories- Hypermarkets and supermarkets) and this calmn shows all names based on the filter. BUT I need to do - if the report is for Hypermarket, then show column name "Hypermarket" and show all names for Hypermarket. If the report is filtered for Supermarket then show lapel Supermarcets and show the names. The colum works but how to make this dynamic fieldname? Now it is "Hypermarcet/Supermarket" but it is not ok

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lz90,

Would you please use some dummy data to clarify your requirement? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun,

Yes. I have data in pivot table for Hypermarkets and Supermarkets. These are results from our web app and visualized in power BI. We have all data for Super and Hypermarket in one database table, but the result is based on filter in our web app. It is ok and if the customer run the report for Supermarket, he will see the column with supermarkets:
Supermarkets/Hypermarkets
S1
S2
S3
If they run it for Hypermarket, it will show the data for hypermarkets:
Supermarkets/Hypermarkets
H1
H2
H3
The issue is- how can I make a field name depends on the category:
Supermarkets:
S1
S2
S3   or
Hypermarkets:
H1
H2
H3
?

Best Regards

Hi @lz90,

In Power BI side, it's not able to set dynamic column field name.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.