Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

acanepa
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dynamic change in X Axis for date formatted as text

Hello,

I'm trying to build a dashboard where I can define time granularity but also a filter on the X axis, where filter last month data or similar from a slicer. I have defined a calendar table and a Date granularity table (as the following image). Also, a "slicer" table called DateFilters containing text and ID, for selecting Last Month, Last Week and so on.

Here is the detail of each of the two tables.

My idea is to generate a line chart where I can choose the time granularity but also being able to filter last week data only with a slicer. My approach to this is with the next calculation

I have created a calculated column called FilterDateText

FilterDateText = SWITCH(HASONEVALUE(DateFilters[Date]),
	max(DateFilters[id])=103,if([DateKey]<=TODAY() && DateTimeGranularity[DateKey]>=STARTOFMONTH(DateTimeGranularity[Today]),VALUES(DateTimeGranularity[DateText]),BLANK()))

id 103 relate to Last Month from the slicer table.

Creation of the table.

DateTimeGranularity = 
var day_table =  ADDCOLUMNS(DISTINCT('Calendar'[date]) ,"TimeGranularity","Day","DateText",day([Date])&"/"&month([Date])&"/"&year([Date]))
var month_table =  ADDCOLUMNS(DISTINCT('Calendar'[date]) ,"TimeGranularity","Month","DateText",FORMAT([Date],"mmm")&"-"&year([Date]))

var quarter_table = ADDCOLUMNS(DISTINCT('Calendar'[date]) ,"TimeGranularity","Quarter","DateText", "Q"&ROUNDUP((MONTH([Date])/3),0)&"-"&year([Date]))
var year_table = ADDCOLUMNS(DISTINCT('Calendar'[date]) ,"TimeGranularity","Year","DateText",year([Date]))
return(
union(day_table,week_table,month_table,quarter_table,year_table)
)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great!. It seems I need to flag each row, and with that, I use as a filter, similar to what I have done already for Time Granularity. I will post my solution for documentation purposes.

EDIT:

I have created a table on the fly for creating the connection between tables. Basically making an union between the central Date or calendar table and the table I create for identify Last Month, Last Week and so on. Code attached:

Table = 
var thisweek = today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)+1
var thismonth= EOMONTH(today(),-1)+1
var t1= date(year(TODAY()),"01","01")
var thisyear= CALENDAR(t1,today())
var lastweek1 = today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)-6
var lastweek2 = lastweek1+6
var lastmonth1 = EOMONTH(today(),-2)+1
var lastmonth2 = EOMONTH(today(),-1)

var lastyear2= t1-1
var lastyear1= DATE(YEAR(lastyear2),"12","31")

return(union(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(thisweek,TODAY()),"DateFilter","This Week"),ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(thismonth,TODAY()),"DateFilter","This Month"),ADDCOLUMNS(thisyear,"DateFilter","This Year"),ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(lastweek1,lastweek2),"DateFilter","Last Week"),ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(lastmonth1,lastmonth2),"DateFilter","Last Month"),ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(lastyear1,lastyear2),"DateFilter","Last Year")))

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bblais
Resolver III
Resolver III

Great!. It seems I need to flag each row, and with that, I use as a filter, similar to what I have done already for Time Granularity. I will post my solution for documentation purposes.

EDIT:

I have created a table on the fly for creating the connection between tables. Basically making an union between the central Date or calendar table and the table I create for identify Last Month, Last Week and so on. Code attached:

Table = 
var thisweek = today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)+1
var thismonth= EOMONTH(today(),-1)+1
var t1= date(year(TODAY()),"01","01")
var thisyear= CALENDAR(t1,today())
var lastweek1 = today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)-6
var lastweek2 = lastweek1+6
var lastmonth1 = EOMONTH(today(),-2)+1
var lastmonth2 = EOMONTH(today(),-1)

var lastyear2= t1-1
var lastyear1= DATE(YEAR(lastyear2),"12","31")

return(union(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(thisweek,TODAY()),"DateFilter","This Week"),ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(thismonth,TODAY()),"DateFilter","This Month"),ADDCOLUMNS(thisyear,"DateFilter","This Year"),ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(lastweek1,lastweek2),"DateFilter","Last Week"),ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(lastmonth1,lastmonth2),"DateFilter","Last Month"),ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(lastyear1,lastyear2),"DateFilter","Last Year")))

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.