Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robarivas
Post Patron
Post Patron

Dynamic Ranking

Need help wrting a DAX measure to do dynamic ranking. I have a table visual in Power BI that has 4 columns. Column 1 is a dimension from a lookup table and columns 2 and 3 are dimensions from a second lookup table. The 4th column is a measure (based primarily on a single fact table although it does have filter logic built in to it). I also have 2 other page filters (each from totally different lookup tables) active. I want to be able to dynamically filter my table visual to the top 25 measure values. If I only had 2 columns (1 lookup dimension and the 1 measure) then the built in Top N functionality would allow me to easily do this. However, I'm stumped as to how to have that Top N functionality work across 3 columns simultaneously. None of the articles on RANKX I found seemed to address how to do ranking across multiple tables simultaneously.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @robarivas

I've done dynamical ranking before. Can you provide a picture or sample table of your data, so I can help you with making the right mesure?

Best,

Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.