Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic KPI

HI All,

I am using a KPI to color green, red, orange from two fields which use dynamically changing data ie. the value changes. But when the value change the KPI displays the wrong color.

Desired Logic;

IF (B-A)>0, THEN [Green]

IF(B-A) <0, THEN [Red]

IF(B-A)=0, THEN [Orange]

You can see in screen shot that B is larger than A but it is red.

Second screen shot shows the fields used for A.

pic1.PNG

pic2.PNG

These columns are in different data sets. So we are unable to do a merge join or condiitonal formatting on the data, so I need a custom DAX for this? 

Thanks for any assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
MalS
Resolver III
Resolver III

This might be a silly question, but did you check the formatting of the KPI?

In the Color Coding section you can set the Direction - either 'low is good' or 'high is good'. Maybe you just have that around the wrong way?

KPI.png

Nevermind - I see that the goal value is blank on the KPI, so ignore my last post. 

The KPI is using the most recent (based on the trend axis) value for the Indicator and the Target Goal. If you do a simple table with your Trend Axis field (ChannelClean), your Indicator field (CPC) and Target Goal field (Average of CPC) included, then scroll to the very bottom - what do you see? Is the Average of CPC value blank? If so, that is going to cause problems.

Normally the Trend Axis is a list of dates from a calendar table. What is the ChannelClean field that you are using for the Trend Axis? Is it a list of dates, or something else?

Regards,

Mal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.