Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PatrikSandberg
Regular Visitor

Do I need Power BI Pro

Hi everyone!

I am new to Power BI and therefore have a question. I want to set up and admin a report for a company.

The company itself consists of 80 different smaller companies. Each one of them (A couple of users per company) should be able to read the report but only the part that affects them. I think I have the solution about the filtering part.

My question is instead if all of them need a pro licence to view the report or is it enough with the free version (based on that 1 GB is enough) and that I am the only one who needs the pro version to manage their access and the report itself?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PatrikSandberg,

Whether Power BI users need Pro license depends on which kind of content they consume. You can check Pro content here: Power BI Pro content - what is it?.

If the report which you shared has Pro content, each user access the report requires Pro license.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you, that was the information I needed. 

Good link too. 

Best regards

Patrik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PatrikSandberg,

Whether Power BI users need Pro license depends on which kind of content they consume. You can check Pro content here: Power BI Pro content - what is it?.

If the report which you shared has Pro content, each user access the report requires Pro license.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, that was the information I needed. 

Good link too. 

Best regards

Patrik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.