Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

magb621
Frequent Visitor

Divide aggregate values by different denominators dependent on column value

Hello, 

I have created a table which aggregates the sum of Units, Call, and Accounts based on Campaign. I'm trying to display a conversion value where the calculation is dependent on the Campaign. 

If the Campaign is Radio, the conversion formula is: Units / Calls

If the Campaign is Print, the conversion formula is: Units / Accounts

It seems that my attempts at the Conversion column evaluate each row and fails because many rows include 0 in the Calls or Accounts column. I'd like to just divide by the aggregated value of Calls or Accounts. Any ideas?

CampaignUnits SoldCallsAccountsConversion
If Radio, Units / Calls
If Print, Units / Accounts
Radio1002003500.5
Print20020010000.2

Thank you!

Maggie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
magb621
Frequent Visitor

I solved this by adding a new column = to sum of calls if the campaign is Print and sum of accounts in the the campaign is Radio. I then used this column as the denominator in my divide by function and used a sum aggregation on the column containing the divide function. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
magb621
Frequent Visitor

I solved this by adding a new column = to sum of calls if the campaign is Print and sum of accounts in the the campaign is Radio. I then used this column as the denominator in my divide by function and used a sum aggregation on the column containing the divide function. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.