Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ridhwaanmayet
Frequent Visitor

Distinctcount with filter on a different column

Enagagement Rate SO = COUNTX(SUMMARIZE('Social Overview - Created by Owner et al', 'Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Headline]), FILTER(SUMMARIZE('Social Overview - Created by Owner et al', 'Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Headline]), [Type] = “Interaction”)/COUNTX(FILTER('Social Overview - Created by Owner et al','Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Type]="Post")))

I am trying to do the following:

Distinctcount of [Heading] where I have filtered the table for [Type] = "Interaction"

The problem is that distint count only works on a column and my filter is on a different column.

The second part is that I want to divide this number by the Count where [Type]="Post"

I am very new to PowerBI and equally green with Excel, any suggestions?

The error I get is "The following syntax error occurred during parsing: Invalid token, Line 1, Offset 242, “.

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ridhwaanmayet,

Could you post your table structures(including table relationships) with some sample data and your expected result, so that we can better assist on this issue? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

There aren't any relationships. The measure is based on a single table 'Social Overview ...'.

The measure will calculate engagement i.e. the number of conversations (posts which were interacted with) by the brand divided by the number of posts by the brand.

To get conversations I want to calculate the number of distinct interactions. To do this I try the following:

Enagagement Rate SO = 
CALCULATE(
  DISTINCTCOUNT('Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Headline]),
  FILTER('Social Overview - Created by Owner et al', 'Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Type] = “Interaction”)

This is where I get the error: 
The following syntax error occurred during parsing: Invalid token, Line 1, Offset 182, “.

The second half of the measure is:

/ COUNTX(
  FILTER('Social Overview - Created by Owner et al',
    'Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Type]="Post"),
  'Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Type])

The end result should be a percentage which I will put into a gauge. The measure is important as it is used in other measures.

TracxEngagementPBIX.png

Regards and Thanks!

ridhwaanmayet
Frequent Visitor

The other way I have tried it is:

Enagagement Rate SO = CALCULATE(CALCULATE(filter('Social Overview - Created by Owner et al', 'Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Type] = “Interaction”),DISTINCTCOUNT('Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Headline])) / COUNTX(FILTER('Social Overview - Created by Owner et al','Social Overview - Created by Owner et al'[Type]="Post")))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.