Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mr_guedes
Helper I
Helper I

Different values from PBI Desktop to Web Version

Hey guys,

Something strange is going on for a while and as I thought this would be fixed with the updates I never care to point it out. But, since this october update didn't make it, here it goes:

I have this cashflow panel that tells me the amount of payables and receivables on a daily basis, but the sum changes wheter I'm using the desktop or the web version of the app. 

The tables below show my receivables during a specific amount of time.

This is the info I get when I'm using the desktop version:

PBI Desktop.JPG

And this is the info I get when checking the web version:

PBI Web.JPG

Notice the I only covered my personal data, the rest is exactly the same. I know for sure that the web version is showing the right data, but why on heaven do I get doubled values when I use the desktop version? The column "A Receber" shows the amount of money. The report was developed on the desktop version and then uploaded to the web.

Thank you for your attention.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @mr_guedes,

After check the newest version pbix file, I found NFS.Nº table seems like contains duplicate records.

I'd like to suggest you try to compare with original data source and tables which transferred by power query to confirm where duplicate records come from.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mr_guedes,

It is hard to reproduce your issue from your screenshots, can you please share a sample file to test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft wrote:

Hi @mr_guedes,

It is hard to reproduce your issue from your screenshots, can you please share a sample file to test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

How can I do that? I'm rather new to this forum and can't find a place to share the file.

Hi @mr_guedes,

You can upload your file to onedrive or google drive, then share the file link here.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

@v-shex-msft wrote:

Hi @mr_guedes,

You can upload your file to onedrive or google drive, then share the file link here.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you! You can see the file here

HI @mr_guedes,

I think the issue may related to your calculate column 'Date Recebimento'. If you use 'NFS.Vencimento' as the grouping column of matrix, does this issue appears again?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

@v-shex-msft wrote:

HI @mr_guedes,

I think the issue may related to your calculate column 'Date Recebimento'. If you use 'NFS.Vencimento' as the grouping column of matrix, does this issue appears again?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Yes. As a matter of fact, I tried removing every calculated column from the table and nothing changes, as you can see in this new file.

Check it out how I selected just one row (filtered by the column NFS.Nº) in the query editor, and how it doubles the info in the report view.

Query EditorQuery Editor

Report DataReport Data

The file with this filter is here

HI @mr_guedes,

After check the newest version pbix file, I found NFS.Nº table seems like contains duplicate records.

I'd like to suggest you try to compare with original data source and tables which transferred by power query to confirm where duplicate records come from.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.