Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bhavesh-jadav
Helper I
Helper I

Difference between formatting in chart and matrix visual SSAS live connection

Hello,

I have measure in SSAS cube which is formated as percentage. I am using that measure in both clustered chart visual and in matrix visual. The problem is that the formatting is different in both the visuals. In matrix the values are getting multiplied by 100. it is also same in table visual and multi card visual. see the screen shot below.

doubt.png

As you can see, in chart it showing as 96.60 but in matrix it is showing as 9,660.18%. Why am I seeing two different formating in both the visual?

4 REPLIES 4
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @bhavesh-jadav,

What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? Try to use the newest version first please.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

@v-xjiin-msft

I am using latest version i.e. April 2018 version only. Another thing that I found is that when I do show data on both bar chart and matrix I can see values in thousands only ( see below screen shot). But the chart is dividing value with 100 but in matrix it is showing exact same value.

bar.pngmatrix.png

Why both visaul is showing same data in different way? In other charts i.e. Pi chart, combined chart etc. value is getting divided by 100 but in matrix, table and card visual, value is formatted in thousands. I am using SSAS Live connection so there is no way of changing formating in Power BI desktop.

Hardik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Kindly check in the chart visual ,that it is not displaying the sum.Enable the dont summarise option in the tools pane

@Hardik I am using SSAS Live connection hence such options are not available. I am still not able to find cause of this problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.