Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanielBI
Frequent Visitor

Date not working after appending queries of two types (Google Sheets + Analytics API)

Hey guys,

I am working on a dashboard for our marketing data that should show marketing spent, leads, cost per lead and more.

For the marketing spent data I have two sources:

1."Old" -  A google sheets containing older adwords campaign costs 

2."Live" -  A google Analytics query using the built in PowerBI Analytics Datasource for 2017 campaign costs

Both have the same layout, including columns like "Date","Costs","Clicks". When I use them seperately to build a report, the date hierarchy is shown immediately once I pull the "Date" column into the Axis field. When I append the "Live" Query to the "Old" Query however and try the same thing, the date won't work properly.

Is there a step I am missing? Any common pitfalls I do not see?

Appreciate your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@DanielBI wrote:

Hey guys,

I am working on a dashboard for our marketing data that should show marketing spent, leads, cost per lead and more.

For the marketing spent data I have two sources:

1."Old" -  A google sheets containing older adwords campaign costs 

2."Live" -  A google Analytics query using the built in PowerBI Analytics Datasource for 2017 campaign costs

Both have the same layout, including columns like "Date","Costs","Clicks". When I use them seperately to build a report, the date hierarchy is shown immediately once I pull the "Date" column into the Axis field. When I append the "Live" Query to the "Old" Query however and try the same thing, the date won't work properly.

Is there a step I am missing? Any common pitfalls I do not see?

Appreciate your help!

@DanielBI

Could you share the problematic pbix in your case?

I saw the same happening right now when I connected two tables ("DealSchedule" and "Revenue Execution Targets"). I connected the tables using a "Date Table" in the middle. Once I added the connection, I was not able to use the "Date" column of my "DealSchedule" table as a date hierarchy anymore. Any insight into why this is happening? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.