Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cladeira
Regular Visitor

Date field not spliting into Year, Quarter, Month and day

Hi Community.

I need your help. I'm creating a graphic that shows number of alerts per month. something like this (Excluding the column BLANK)

Capture1.JPG

My table has a field called AlertDateID which is a DATE Field. When I used this field on my Graphic, it's not giving me the option to select/remove the Year, Quarter, month and day. It's only plotting the Day, which is not giving me the output that i need.

Capture2.JPG

Does anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Claudio

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@cladeira,

This can be caused by the relationship. Use a calendar table if necessary.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@cladeira,

Instead, drag date column from the calendar table.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@cladeira,

This can be caused by the relationship. Use a calendar table if necessary.

Exactly! I can see the drilldown if i remove the relationship.

@cladeira,

By the way, you may help accept solution. That way, other community members may also benefit. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Hi @v-chuncz-msft,

First of all, thanks for your feedback. I wasnt able to test the Calendar table yet. Actually, i dont know to create one. I'd like to test before accepting the solution. 

Team,

I created a calendar table using the command: 

Date =CALENDAR (DATE(2000,1,1), DATE(2025,12,31))

and created the relationship with my main table. Unfortunately, i still can not see the Date spliting. Is there a solve for this problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cladeira, did you get the solution? I'm with the same issue. I have a calendar table and it's not working. Even if I remove the relationship.

@cladeira,

Instead, drag date column from the calendar table.

@cladeira What is your datasource/connection type?

Have you disabled the Time Intelligence option in options?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.