Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hrmeehan

Date Hierarchy stopped working

I have been running reports for about 6 months now and everything is fine. 3 months ago, all my reports suddenly "broke" and now the dates are separating out by days instead of summing into month/year. I can use the date slicer, but it sums all the years into the month (January contains totals of 2015-2018). I want it to show a trend of months over years. I know this is probably a really stupid question, but I cannot figure out what happened. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hrmeehan,

Did you add a date column onto X-axis of a chart? If so, you can click the drill down option on the top left to switch the aggregation level (Day, Month or Year).

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It turned out to be something simple. I did format the column as a date, but I had to set it to "Start of month" in order for it to roll the days into the month. Thanks!

Take a look at my time intelligence webinar. It should help you. 

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/time-intelligence-using-dax/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.