Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hemantsingh
Helper V
Helper V

Date Filter is not working properly

Hi community Members,

I am attaching few screenshots of the sample dashboard i created to replicate the scenario i am trying to resolve. The issue is my date filter. I am mentioning the issue below in points.

1). Date filter is not working at all when i try to use the date as filter from a regular calendar table. Therefore, I have to use dates from fact table i.e invisibility_flag-0 as filter.

2). Without setting any value in Date filter and only using Topic_name filter th whole report page is working fine. Kindly refer Screenshot_1

3). The moment I set some value at the date filter & try to filter the report using the content of table visual along with another Topic_Name Filter. The KPI visuals & the matrix visuals gets blank.

Note :- Dates are continuous in date table & creation_date column of Invisibility_flag-0 table has been formatted as Date column.

Can someone guide me how to correct this?? I have a sample bix file ready wit me , all i need to learn is a way to upload it here.

Regards,

Hemant

With_Date_FilterWith_Date_Filter

Model_Relationship_DiagramModel_Relationship_DiagramWithout_Date_FilterWithout_Date_Filter

4 REPLIES 4
AntonG
Frequent Visitor

Hi Hemant,

was your issue resolved by any means? I think I am having a similar issue and struggle to get it resolved for a week or so already

Anton

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hemantsingh,

You may referred to calendar date field in those measures displayed in card and visuals. I would suggest you check the measure formulas, you may have the incorrect formulas that resulted in blank value when applying date slicer.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-yulgu-msft,

Thanks for responding. Further I am simply calculating the average & count hence the formulas i am using are very very simple. For your reference i havce uplaoded a sample pbix file on one drive. Kindly find it here

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At-ypUY12rpla-NAb6djhvcTSOg

Hope ou will be able to replicate my issue.

Regards,

Hemant

Matjo
Advocate I
Advocate I

I cant help you with the problem but if you want to upload a file you need to put on some cloud storage you can share such as onedrive and then post a link to the file using insert link. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.