Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

k3rz0rg
Advocate III
Advocate III

Data view bug in November update!

Has anyone noticed this after november update?

Certain columns show 0 in the rows but the visual works, however, pbi desktop shows the values on query editor accordingly.

Data viewer mode.png    Query Mode.png

Does anyone know any workaround? Or wait for the next update for the bugfix?

Thanks,

K3

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @k3rz0rg,

What kind of data type is this "$"? What's the data source? It should be numbers.Data view bug in November update.jpg

You can change it to numbers in the Query Editor. Or you can share a sample.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft , i fetched the data from oracle warehouse and initially it detected as 1.2 but changed to $ type.

inside 

I believe that shouldn't be the issue since i've been doing the same thing for other reports for quite a while. Just noticed this after november update applied.

I don't think I'm going to work on any new queries before thanksgiving (or in this month) so unable to make sure of it.

-k3

Hi @k3rz0rg,

How is issue now?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft , 

thanks for the follow up; unfortunately it's still the same. I received another update in this month (november, i don't know why the second one, or maybe i did not update this month at all) yet the issue persists.

I am not working on that particular report as of now so let it be as is since the query editor shows all the data; let see what happens with the december update. Btw, I tested that with an older version of PBI installed in another machine and that worked fine but the one with november update.

- K3

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.