Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MPS006385581
Frequent Visitor

Data not displaying date

I have some data with an measure that counts all rows ignoring the slicer selection (using all in the dax query) from years 2016 and 2017.  This is based on a date field.  This works no problem and shows the breakdown of 2016 and 2017.

However, I created a separate column to split the year from the date field using YEAR([date]).  Applying the same slicer and measure it only shows the 2017 data.  I have dsicovered some data seleciton only have 2017 data and not 2016 and these are only showing the 2017 data.   IN the attached the left is the correct, while the right only shows the 2017.

What is causing this and how can I get around so with the right one it shows everything.

BI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MPS006385581,

It'd hard to find the reason causing the report only display one year with .pbix file. Please share your .PBIX for further analysis? If your sample data is confidential, you can share it by private message. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MPS006385581,

It'd hard to find the reason causing the report only display one year with .pbix file. Please share your .PBIX for further analysis? If your sample data is confidential, you can share it by private message. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not sure that can be answered without the PBIX file.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.