Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data in table and visualizations not matching

Hi,

Please take a look at the attached picture. The table shows the data which is basis for the visualizations. Note that the filter on “Company Name” is not working properly and several sessoinIDs appear more than once, which is wrong according to the table of data and the fact that the sessionID is a unique identifier. The visualizations are also showing wrong dates for the sessionids.

The data in the visualizations are all gathered from the same table, so this is not a relationship issue. Please provide some insight on what can be wrongUten navn.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kschaefers
Resolver I
Resolver I

It looks like your session id is included in the visual as a calculation, when it should be a dimension. Make sure there is no calculation applied, such as COUNT, SUM. Alternatively classify the SessionID column as data type text. 

Currently it probably shows the number of sessions for the days selected, rather than the actual session id. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kschaefers
Resolver I
Resolver I

It looks like your session id is included in the visual as a calculation, when it should be a dimension. Make sure there is no calculation applied, such as COUNT, SUM. Alternatively classify the SessionID column as data type text. 

Currently it probably shows the number of sessions for the days selected, rather than the actual session id. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'm fairly new to this still. The default was COUNT and it didn't occur to me to check 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.