Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ricardocastro
Regular Visitor

Data Source Changing

Hi,

With version 2.52 when I try to change my data source from one OLAP cube to another one with a diferent group measure with gives me an error and evil changing the measures to the new measure inside the new measure group does not recover. If I do this with version 2.51 I has able to do this.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ricardocastro,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop version 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017). Are you using the same version as ours? 

Assume there is a card visual in the report, after you change the data source, if the measure put in the card visual doesn't exist, after you drag a measure from current measure group to replace the original measure, will the card visual display fine again?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ricardocastro
Regular Visitor

Hi,

With version 2.52.4921.682 the problem it is solved....

Best Regards

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ricardocastro,

Thanks for your update.Smiley Happy As the issue is resolved, I will close this thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ricardocastro,

Thanks for your update.Smiley Happy As the issue is resolved, I will close this thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ricardocastro
Regular Visitor

Hi,

With version 2.52.4921.682 the problem it is solved....

Best Regards

ricardocastro
Regular Visitor

Hi,

The version that we are using is 2.52.4921.581 64-bit (Novembro de 2017). 

If a drag the measure in the version 2.51, after I drag a measure from current measure group to replace the original measure the card visual display fine. But if I use the 2.52.4921.581 version that does not appens.

I just saw that there is a new version (2.52.4921.682) on Power BI portal. I am going to install and try it again.

Best Regards

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ricardocastro,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop version 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017). Are you using the same version as ours? 

Assume there is a card visual in the report, after you change the data source, if the measure put in the card visual doesn't exist, after you drag a measure from current measure group to replace the original measure, will the card visual display fine again?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ricardocastro
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have a report in a client POWER BI account conected by Analysis Services to a OLAP Cube ("SSAS_PBI"). In this cube we have a measure group called "Execution". All my visualizations in the report are conect to at least one measure inside this measure group. 

Now I had the need to merge this cubo with other. The measure group in the new cube ("SSAS") is now called "Order".

When I change the data source to the new cube I get a several error (that is understandble). The problem is that I try to fix the problems and bring the measure from the new measure group and the error does not disapear.

This happens with 2.52 version. If I do this same procedures with 2.51 this issue does not append. Luckily we had a computer with old version.

2017-11-15_12h17_36.png

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ricardocastro,

Would you please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.