Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FilippoV
Helper I
Helper I

Data Slicer - Filter Date Range

Hi Community,

i'm looking for a slicer that allow the user to filter a date range, example:

From 01/01/2017 to 09/10/2017 and from 01/01/2016 to 10/10/2016.

I use "Date Hierarchy" but this custom visual does not work very well with bookmarks.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
miltenburger
Helper V
Helper V

Thanks @miltenburger for your quickly response.

I've find Time Slicer but i'm not understand how to select date range not consecutive, example:

2014 from jan to sep vs 2015 from jan to sep.

See down image

img.PNG

Np @FilippoV

In this slicer it's not possible to select 2 date ranges (didn't understand that's what you wanted)

Sounds really stupid, but you have te make two slicers as far as my knowledge goes.

So if you need two date ranges make 2 time slicers (it's not a nice method if you need more then 2 ranges, because you need more slicers....)

Hope it helps you?

thanks @miltenburger but in my case the user want select over 2 years.

Hi @FilippoV,

Per my knowledge, users are not allowed to select two or more date ranges in a single slicer. I'm afraid your requirement cannot be achieved currently.

If the data ranges selected for each year are all the same, maybe you can create three slicers to display Year, Month and Day separately.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.