Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SAG1
Helper I
Helper I

Data Modeling help

Hello All

I am very new to Power BI , Please pardon any mistakes , I have to make couple report

1. All auto dealer , with in selected area (predefined Zip Codes) of one Dealer , Sales .

2. All Auto dealer Sales by Make (like Honda), with in selected area (predefined Zip Codes) of one Dealer , Plus Sales by Make for selected Dealer .

I am able to do First (attached Pics) , But not second requirement , as i am not able to pass establish relationship between two or not able to pass Seleted Dealer and area as  a parameter to other .

Can somebody shade any light on it .

PIC.JPG

Greatly Appriciated .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SAG1,

If below result meets your requirement, you could create two measures like:

AllDealerSales = CALCULATE(SUM(DATATable[VIN]),ALLEXCEPT(DealerTable,DATATable[Make Name]))
SelectedDealerSales = CALCULATE(SUM(DATATable[VIN]),ALLSELECTED(DealerTable[Dealer Name]))

1.PNG

Then, add DATATable[Make Name] and the above two measures into a table visual. 

If I have something misunderstood, please correct me. Please elaborate what does "pass establish relationship between two or not able to pass Seleted Dealer and area as  a parameter to other" mean. What is the relationship? And between which two? And please simplify your source data, take some examples to describe how to calculate "AllDealerSalesinSelectedZip" and "SelectedDealerSalesinselectedZIp".

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SAG1,

If below result meets your requirement, you could create two measures like:

AllDealerSales = CALCULATE(SUM(DATATable[VIN]),ALLEXCEPT(DealerTable,DATATable[Make Name]))
SelectedDealerSales = CALCULATE(SUM(DATATable[VIN]),ALLSELECTED(DealerTable[Dealer Name]))

1.PNG

Then, add DATATable[Make Name] and the above two measures into a table visual. 

If I have something misunderstood, please correct me. Please elaborate what does "pass establish relationship between two or not able to pass Seleted Dealer and area as  a parameter to other" mean. What is the relationship? And between which two? And please simplify your source data, take some examples to describe how to calculate "AllDealerSalesinSelectedZip" and "SelectedDealerSalesinselectedZIp".

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank You buddy ! it did work with two measures , i had to add additional filter in measure formula but it worked .

SAG1
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry i forgot to provide my DB Structure , this is how it looks (Attached Pic)

DataStructure.JPG.

I need to make Another report out of it which show 

MakeName     AllDealerSalesinSelectedZip       SelectedDealerSalesinselectedZIp

Honda             158                                         82

Acura                160                                        0

Any help please !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.