Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Gateway was working and now this morning it is not

I do not know what changed, but I got an error on a scheduled refresh for a report that has been working for a few weeks now.  This is the error

Capture.PNG

I even uninstalled and reinstalled the gateway; deleted the datasource and the dataset in the report and republished and still this.  I go into Manage Gateways and all seems okay.  And this is NOT a Direct Query.  What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous

Are you using personal gateway or On-premise gateway ?

Else here what I found on the troubleshooting page : 

Spoiler

Mashups between a cloud source and an on-premises source, in a single query, will fail to refresh in the personal gateway if one of the sources is using OAuth for authentication. An example of this is a mashup between CRM Online and a local SQL Server. This will fail because CRM Online requires OAuth.

This is a known issue, and being looked at. To work around the problem, have a separate query for the cloud source and the on-premises source and use a merge or append query to combine them.

Maybe your excel file won't work

When you go to PowerBI Desktop and go to manage connections, are all the credentials right ? (no error / mistake ?)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous

When configuring the data gateway, can you check what's the Authentification method ? 

Do you have the most recent version of the gateway ?

Did you input a lot of datas recently in your database ? 

Can you take a look at this link and tell us if there is anything wrong in the refresh history ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a copy of the error I get: 

Data source error:Scheduled refresh has been disabled due to at least one data source not having credentials provided. Please provide credentials for all data sources, and then turn scheduled refresh back on.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:1055eb8a-5573-a94b-f6f8-d80209798270
Request ID:4a924e87-9782-945f-4ebe-27c1bef7bc54
Time:2018-05-22 13:34:33Z

Hi @Anonymous

Are you using personal gateway or On-premise gateway ?

Else here what I found on the troubleshooting page : 

Spoiler

Mashups between a cloud source and an on-premises source, in a single query, will fail to refresh in the personal gateway if one of the sources is using OAuth for authentication. An example of this is a mashup between CRM Online and a local SQL Server. This will fail because CRM Online requires OAuth.

This is a known issue, and being looked at. To work around the problem, have a separate query for the cloud source and the on-premises source and use a merge or append query to combine them.

Maybe your excel file won't work

When you go to PowerBI Desktop and go to manage connections, are all the credentials right ? (no error / mistake ?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I dont totally have this working yet, but I am marking this as a solution as mixing the SQL query and then adding in an excel file data source did not allow me to schedule.  I proved this by totally eliminating the Excel file that contains our holidays / dates.  Now I am going to first try it with a SharePoint list, or create a simple SQL database table.

Thanks though for your help and information

Brad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am thinking this might be it.  I have not had a chance today to get into any Power BI stuff, but hoping later today or tomorrow to look into it.  I am going to try to merge the two datasets and see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use BASIC authentication with a SQL Server user ID.  However, for this Power BI report, I just recently added an excel file that is saved in a network share.  This excel file builds another related table.  So maybe that could be the issue?  I will check the link you provided for the refresh troubleshooting soon.  I do have the latest update for the DG.  And not a lot of data.  32K records in total and we add 5-100 each day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.