Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vmsouza30
Helper I
Helper I

DAX to create a graph with Continuous Month on the X axis

How can I create a DAX formula to appear every month of the year, even if one of them has no information, ie no sale occurred in that month.
In my case I can not cross a calendar table that would be ideal, nor any other data, since a bank connector comes with the data ready.
Do you have any formula that can solve my problem?

3 REPLIES 3
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I believe that you're going to need a calendar table that continuously covers the date from your starting date to at least your end date.  Since you said you're using a "bank connector", I assume that you're using direct query and cannot connect your internal PowerBI date table to the query date.  The only alternative that I see is for you to contact the bank IT department and ask them to include a calendar/date table in their data.  Once you've got the relationship set up between your date table and the date column in the bank data, you use the date table month column on the x-axis and it should then plot each month even when no transactions occurred in that month.  Hope this helps.

With the calendar table I do in other cases, but in that specific I can not now.

That is my problem, at that time TI does not have this availability and wanted to solve it in another way.

Does Via DAX have any formula?

Hi @vmsouza30,

With the calendar table I do in other cases, but in that specific I can not now.

That is my problem, at that time TI does not have this availability and wanted to solve it in another way.

Does Via DAX have any formula?

As creating new tables using DAX in DirectQuery is not supported currently, but an individual and continuous Calendar table is needed here, using DAX cannot do it in this scenario. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.