Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

perpor
Helper V
Helper V

DAX sintax: ";" rather than "," syntax error

Good morning

Very often reading examples of functions and examples DAX I get syntax errors because I need to replace ',' with ';'

The thing is very annoying, are there general rules ???? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

so the solution is to always replace ',' with ';' in the examples that I find, with my regional settings I have no other solution...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Control Panel > Regional > Additional setting
change list separator from ";" to ","

That's how I solve my problem, hope it's useful to others.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

i think it is related to regional settings.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

good, and HOW can I solve this and not trying many many times ?????????????????

try changing list seperator on your computer in "regional and language" settings, select "additional settings" and then on number tab, check the value for list seperator and change it to comma if it is semicolon.

I didn't tested it but I assume that what it is.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

My recommendation would be to change the entire culture to e.g. English United States and not just change 1 element.

If you only adjust the separator to comma, then you can get unexpected results if you also have a decimal commas....

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Thanks Marcelbeug, you are right...

@perpor,

If your problem has been resolved, please help accept solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

so the solution is to always replace ',' with ';' in the examples that I find, with my regional settings I have no other solution...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors