Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edavila
Helper II
Helper II

DAX: YTD and PYTD questions

Good morning everybody and thanks for trying to help me,

Im tryiing to make a fiancial statement and variances for the company that Im currently working and been having lots of issues

the first question that I have is, if there is a formula of how I can do a summarize for certain type of name in a column and summarize them into another one like a IF formula an example is the picture below

Column A is the GL account and the Mapping of the report Balance Sheet of P&L and then I have a sublevel of accounts Ex Current asset, other liabilities, revenue, ETC.

and I will like to make a new column or measure and just summarize everything that is Cash in bank from the column A ( but coulm A will need to look the table og GL mapping and select with accounts are Cash in Bank) I dont know if this is possible or not.

first phot is the information that I will like to model

2 is the information of the Accounts and how they supposed to go

3 is the relationship table

GL Accounts-1.PNGGL Accounts-2.PNGGL Accounts-3.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
mattbrice
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Looks like you are working in Excel?

Unless i am missing something, why don't you just do:

Total Amount:= SUM ( 'FS 2017'[Amount] )

then put '1-Gl Mapping'[Type of Account]   (and others as needed) on the Rows and have it calcuate automatically?

Thank you for answering and let me see if I understtod correctly the column of FS amount is already a number, do I need to make a sum total of a column or a measure. and doing this will give what I need as I need to look something like this 

as you can see balance sheet amount need to be rolling into their section

Baalnce sheetBaalnce sheet

for the income statement I need the same and also wanted to this so I can calculate the working capital as well

hope this helps with my concern

thanks

P&LP&Lmattbrice

Hi @edavila,

I am still confusing you requirement, have you resolved you problem? ? If it didn't, please list your expected result based on your sample table, so that we can post solution which is close to your requirement. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

what im trying to do is to see if  I can do a tabke for the profit and loss and balance sheet as the picture above that I do inexcel

in power bi. I have the information as a line item some I dont know if there is a formula that will do like an a IF this is this then this or this is that then that, ETC.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0bfiodh0vaid65l/AAD0OHEpSkttRdrEzT22mazca?dl=0

file is FSjan-feb

Hi @edavila

There are so many table in the link, which table you used? 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.