Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yash

Custom themes

Hello,

Will Power BI support custom themese in future?

Thanks,

Yash

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
regbac
Regular Visitor

Hi. It is not possible yet. But a certain of the designer was shown at ignite that had customized themes. So I guess we just need to keep waiting a little longer.
Cheers
Régis

View solution in original post

WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

27 REPLIES 27

Thank you for the update, yes it works now!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

@AmandaThat's amazing. Do you think we'll recieve the ability to be able to upload custom themes/colour schemes for specific data points/labels in the future?

As in, if all of my reports have the Item "Flat White", will I be able to upload a JSON file/etc which will automatically apply the appropriate hex colour to it regardless of visual by default?

Thank you for the quick reply!  Very reassuring to hear!

When "backgrounds" finally get added, will we finally be able to "pin to dashboards" and maintain the PBI Desktop "themes" as well?

WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi! We're working on support for customizing the colors in your reports, but please go vote on the ideas you want implemented:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/6876783-color-theme-for-induvidual-po...

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/6518993-set-colors-and-conditional-fo...

Thanks!

On a dashboard, we can change the background of a "tile" in the report editor but the "tile background" is still white on the dashboard - we even tried to "re-pin" the tile, but it still remiains white - on the report view, it remains the new background color we chose.

What are we doing wrong?

Also, due to company "colors and branding" - it is now September 8, 2015 - when will we be able to appy a "global color theme"?

Why is this marked as "solved" - it is now September 20, 2015 and I hardly think that this is "solved"?

regbac
Regular Visitor

Hi. It is not possible yet. But a certain of the designer was shown at ignite that had customized themes. So I guess we just need to keep waiting a little longer.
Cheers
Régis

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.