Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom measure problem: graph is right, tooltip value is wrong

[EDIT: solved. I deleted the measure, restarted Power BI and made a new measure with the same formula, no problems this time]

Hi all, 

I am having a problem with a simple measure I created. I have a table with data regarding how many people visit each page of a site, and I created a simple conversion measure: % of all people who complete the entire funnel. In other words, # of visits on the last page / # of visits on the first page. Here is the measure: 

CalcConversion = (sum('High Level Funnel'[Submit]))/(sum('High Level Funnel'[Welcome_Continue]))

Submit = visits to last page

Welcome_Continue = visits to first page 

The data table is also broken down by week and by product (I'll call them product A and product B). I would like a visual that shows overall conversion for both products, but can be filtered by a slicer to show product A and B individually as well. There are different amounts of product A and B visits each week so I can't take a simple average of conversion. So I made this measure, and I also calculated overall conversion in excel and imported that data separately to double check my measure. 

The problem: my measure looks right when I graph it, but the tooltips shows that conversion = 1 for every data point! There are also some weird formatting issues, with the y axis disappearing and the graph area leaving extra space below the x axis that I can't seem to adjust. I threw the values into a visual table to double check, and sure enough it's also showing as conversion = 1 for everything there as well. What's going on? How can I get the real values to appear in the tooltips, and is there a way to fix the formatting? 

Screenshot below: my new measure is graphed on the left, with my manual calculation on the right. As you can see the trend looks identical - appears that my measure is working correctly. But the table below shows the values are all equal to 1. 

Thanks for any help!

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does this look like a technical error to you? Anyone know how to troubleshoot this? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please provide some sample data or a pbix file to test? It is hard to reproduce your issue without data.

Regards, 

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
WolfBiber
Employee
Employee

Hey,

can you provide some more Information about you formula of the measure? And maybe a screenshot of you fields of you table?

greetings

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, I can't provide the exact data but here is a hypothetical example. Basically I'd want to have a measure that calculated Conversion by week, and can be filtered by Product. 

WeekStartProductWelcome_ContinueSubmitConverion by Week, Product
11/5/17A2112128260.70%
11/12/17A2063124260.20%
11/19/17A1733106461.40%
11/26/17A1994116658.48%
12/3/17A143286160.13%
12/10/17A2025121760.10%
12/17/17A2000117958.95%
11/5/17B124578663.13%
11/12/17B101161260.53%
11/19/17B78553468.03%
11/26/17B91757362.49%
12/3/17B58038165.69%
12/10/17B77750564.99%
12/17/17B77345158.34%

What other info do you need about the formula? I created the measure by following the tutorial here. I'm new to Power BI.

Here is the formula again:

CalcConversion = (sum('High Level Funnel'[Submit]))/(sum('High Level Funnel'[Welcome_Continue]))

In other words column D / column C 

if your posted fact table is like it is everything should work properly

Unbenannt.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

So does this look like a technical error to you? Anyone know how to troubleshoot this? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.