Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andyholl123
Regular Visitor

Custom Group Chart (simple newbie urgent help!)

Hi, I am v new to Power BI, most grateful for help with the following query.

I would like a view of data which looks like the attached image, which is basically a custom grouping of Companies with number of customers with low customers (640 or below) medium no of customers (640 to 740 suppliers) and high number of suppliers, (740 or above)

sizechart.jpg

My Data Set is a simple .csv / excel file as below. 

It seems a simple query, but I just can't work out how to do it optimally... any advice gratefully received. I can do it in Excel but need to create custom calculations which is sub-optimal

Company Name

Number of Customers

Company1

Company2

Company3

Company4

Company5

Company6

Company7

Company8

Company9

Company10

Company11

Company12

Company13

Company14

Company15

Company16

Company17

Company18

Company19

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

see attached, sheet 7 and table 7 to produce the desired result

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
andyholl123
Regular Visitor

Any ideas please guys / gals?

First time user of PowerBI and I thought this would be a really simple query?

Here is the chart I managed in Excel, which I wish to produce in PowerBI?

Many thanks

sizechart1.jpg

see attached, sheet 7 and table 7 to produce the desired result

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi, try as I might, I am unable to reverse engineer your solution  Smiley Indifferent

Please could you give me a very brief overview of how you did it please?  How do I create the Company Group? I've tried new query or new measure / new parameter etc?

Many thanks

I added a new column called "customer group" and that is what you need. 

Awesome thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.