Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative Totals

I have a reporting requirement to produce

• MTD (Total logged tickets)
  • MTD (Total Resolved Tickets
  • MTD Cumulative (**bleep** open tickets) –  defined as total logged minus total resolved+ previous **bleep** open tickets but only for the previous month not the entire set

I can produce the first two using TotalMTD, however the MTD **bleep** open tickets is difficult as if I set this to the standard cumulative formula it gives me cumulative of the total not limited to just the previous month  and the visual needs to show the year or whatever 

MTD Cumulative = calculate([MTD Diff Log Resolve],FILTER(ALLSELECTED (Ticket),([Raised on Date] <= MAX (Ticket[Raised on Date]))),FILTER(ALLSELECTED (Ticket),([ResolutionDate] <= MAX (Ticket[ResolutionDate]))))

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you post your table structures(including the relationships and all the current measures you're using) with some sample/mock data and the expected result, so that we can better assist on this issue? It's even better to share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for responding. I have a table X which holds my logged date and resolved date and I created a standard Calendar table with the date dimensions reltaed to these dates..

Then I created measures

• MTD (Total logged tickets) = TotalMTD(count(,Table[field]), MyDateDim)
  • MTD (Total Resolved Tickets) = same as above with resolved field
  • MTD Cumulative (Cumulative open tickets) –  defined as total logged minus total resolved+ previous **bleep** open tickets but only for the previous month not the entire set

The problem is with the final measure I don’t know how to calculate it so it only returns the cumulative of the previous month not the entire dataset this is my result. What they want is for Jan MTD Cumulative to be 9 Feb to be 12 then March to be 9 as it should not include Jan. My calculation keeps on totalling the cumulative.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.